We work to represent the interests of the Armed Forces within the Conservative Party. We aim to facilitate a greater understanding amongst those who support the armed forces, as well as those serving within the military, of the effect of political policies on service personnel and the capabilities that they depend upon.
Conservative Friends of the Armed Forces’ values are grounded in our shared purpose of ensuring positive policies and political understanding for all those who are currently serving, and have served, in the British and Commonwealth Armed Forces.
- To provide an environment for armed forces personnel, veterans and supporters, who support the Conservative Party, to meet, discuss and campaign together.
- To promote by way of conferences and other means, knowledge and understanding of Armed Forces Issues within the Conservative Party and in the country at large.
- To set up study groups and events and to give expression to ideas and views on the future of the Armed Forces
- To encourage close links between the Party and the Armed Forces including Veterans and the Reserve.
- To work closely with the Conservative Party organisation and Conservative Campaign Headquarters.
- To support the Conservative Party and to assist with its campaigns.